TaoTalk.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
View user profile

Bad parenting? Empty Bad parenting?

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:25 am
My brother and his wife needed to race to Walmart to grab a couple of things (crisis TP run). Their kid was fine for the vast majority of the shopping run until they passed the toy segment and the situation spins out of control. They didn't surrender to his shouting and redirection and tenderly telling him no. Two or three strolls by and an elderly person says " I shouldn't need to hear this sh*t, discipline your damn kid". Obviously, he was baffled and it was getting to him. Nurturing is difficult and spontaneous remarks simply cause you to feel like sh*t. I know he's a decent parent yet I simply feel horrible over the entire circumstance.
View user profile

Bad parenting? Empty Re: Bad parenting?

Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:22 pm
People back then were harsher with no regard for mental health. They themselves had to go through so many different things that it became the norm or them to just shut up and deal with it kind of mentality. Personally, I don't blame them but don't take their unsolicited remarks too seriously. We grew up running around and getting scolded by random adults in the neighbourhood. Our parents never cared much about what anyone said to us instead they scolded us for being brats and being indisciplined kids.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum