TaoTalk.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
View user profile

Manic pixie dream girl Empty Manic pixie dream girl

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:26 am
In movies what makes me wonder the most is the trope of manic pixie dream girl which almost always serves as the romantic interest of the male lead and somehow she manages to awaken his emotions that were buried deep down. This portrayal of the static personality and the stereotypical girl is something that men often love but my high school sweetheart was the one to shatter the mirage. Now that I have little understanding of how beautifully complicated women are I want to see real women who are strong, bold, powerful and insane but human above all else.
View user profile

Manic pixie dream girl Empty Re: Manic pixie dream girl

Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:23 pm
That is a beautiful realization Lambda. I do believe that movies do make us go into a dreamlike state which is nowhere near the reality of things. People often forget that reality is different from movies and the problem lies there. We need to understand people in person more and make contact with them in everyday life have experiences and live a little.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum