TaoTalk.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
View user profile

Rant and credits and Netflix Empty Rant and credits and Netflix

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:30 am
I've just finished Gladiator. The music swells as the camera pans above the Colosseum. The emotions that come from a triumphant yet bittersweet ending begin to settle. And as the screen fades to black, you feel the catharsis that comes from watching an epic film take hold....

A bright title card for Suits comes up.

Who has ever finished a film and on finishing it clicks the recommended film straight away? And yet the ads come up every single time. It completely ruins the moment. And yes, you can click the box to continue watching the credits- but why should we even have to do that? Why is it so hard for Netflix to not promote their material for five minutes after a film ends?

In a life bombarded by advertisements do we have to be shown another one the second a film finishes? Is there no respite?

From what I've seen online there isn't a way to disable this specific feature (though I would really love to be proven wrong on this one).

Anyway, rant over.
View user profile

Rant and credits and Netflix Empty Re: Rant and credits and Netflix

Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:13 pm
There are a lot of movies which have post-credits scenes and it honestly makes it so worth the movie because it is often a small detail that somehow changes the way you viewed the entire movie. It baffles me to not let the credits roll and just bombard us with dopamine. If you have seen Harry Potter you know what I am talking about, I forgot which one it was exactly but there is one scene in one of the movies that have a post-credits scene so satisfying to watch.