TaoTalk.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
View user profile

Timing and me Empty Timing and me

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:55 pm
So I live in a country where being fashionably late to everything is a trend. If a wedding is at 6, it means that even the host will arrive after 7, if the meetup is at 3 then all friends will come an hour late. I am messed up and don't fit in this, I am Americanized in this regard. I always arrive on time, for me arriving late causes so much anxiety but here it is a norm which gives me crippling anxiety.
View user profile

Timing and me Empty Re: Timing and me

Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:02 pm
It can be frustrating when cultural norms and expectations don't align with your own values and preferences. In your situation, it sounds like being fashionably late is a common practice in your country, but it causes you anxiety. It's important to remember that you don't have to conform to cultural norms if they don't align with your own values and beliefs. It's perfectly acceptable to arrive on time to events and meetups, even if it's not the norm in your culture. If the anxiety is too overwhelming, you may want to consider talking to a therapist or counselor who can help you manage your anxiety and cope with cultural differences.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum