TaoTalk.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
View user profile

International Contest and me Empty International Contest and me

Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:26 am
So about a year ago, I signed up pr an international contest on design with my friends. I had no clue o how it worked or anything about designing, even though my friends were more knowledgeable I was a valuable member sine the target audience was females. We made the whole thing and they took my ideas and incorporated theirs and resented it as theirs in the end. I was baffled but the thing that brought karma was that they lost. The winner was a team who had used similar ideas to mine (the ones that the team rejected) nad was called innovative and unique.
View user profile

International Contest and me Empty Re: International Contest and me

Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:55 am
That must have been tough for them to admit they lost cause of not listening to a girl. It is tough for a lot of men who still follow toxic masculinity to do this. It used to happen in my workplace a lot when females in teams had a good idea they were shot down while those ideas were presented in men-only places like the locker room talk and got the praise for them.
View user profile

International Contest and me Empty Re: International Contest and me

Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:39 am
LOL serves them right. I had a team like that once, I did all the work of the project, and went out on a limb for them yet at the end of the day, I was never given any credit for them. I delivered more than expected and it was necessary for the team's success but unfortunately, it was a game of politics not who does the work.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum