TaoTalk.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
View user profile

Mental health and therapists Empty Mental health and therapists

Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:28 am
Mental health is an important topic in the first world nowadays compared to back when it wasn't even taken into consideration. There are therapists available everywhere online or in person but it does make me think about the quality of the work they do. A friend o mine was taking sessions with a person who initially listened to him with focus and understanding but after a while, my friend felt judged and unattended to. It makes me wonder how can we remove human judgement from therapists and if it is even really possible to do so.
View user profile

Mental health and therapists Empty Re: Mental health and therapists

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:31 am
These are some harsh experiences, I hope none of the women or even men have any such experience in this messed up world. Take care of your mental health and also take care of friends and family, reach out to them and tell them you are available for them. No body knows what the other person is going through so be kind and love everyone.
View user profile

Mental health and therapists Empty Re: Mental health and therapists

Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:43 pm
I don't think that they can judge by the rules of the profession. They are trained to be non-judgemental and responsive to patients' needs. If they do not do so and are judgement you should change your therapists immediately and give them feedback explaining the issue. My therapist was like that, he would be kind and nice in the beginning. I started opening up to him but then he started slowly changing and judging me for everything I did. I told my friends they said it was probably nothing but it was something, one day I encountered another one of his clients and they said the same thing. He was a misogynist and a narcissist who used to make moves on his clients.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum