TaoTalk.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
View user profile

Minimum server specs for a validator Empty Minimum server specs for a validator

Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:51 pm
What servers specs are minimum for a validator?
View user profile

Minimum server specs for a validator Empty Re: Minimum server specs for a validator

Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:48 pm
Hello Lucas,

To run a Validator you need:---
16 dedicated CPU cores
16 GB of RAM
100GB of disk space
Ubuntu LTS releases or Macintosh
A good and stable internet connection
as of August 23, 2022

Hope it helps you!

Cheers 🤝
View user profile

Minimum server specs for a validator Empty Re: Minimum server specs for a validator

Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:36 pm
Hi there, so I currently have Alienware 17 R5 VR Ready 17.3" LCD Gaming Notebook - Intel Core i7 (8th Gen) i7-8750H Hexa-core (6 Core) 2.20 GHz - 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM - 1 TB HDD - 256 GB SSD. How can I optimize this for being a validator? How much would on average will it cost m to set up mining infrastructure based on this? What else would I require in terms of equipment to connect to a mining pool?? Also how much electricity does it take per month?
View user profile

Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:58 am
To be able to become a validator you also need to have a significant amount of TAO as a minimum of 1000 tao. Only after that can you stay as a registered validator but I think the minimum amount of TAO may change in the future. There are 4096 nodes available in the network, but each Validator can only query a section of the network at a time. In the documents they also mention that If you are running a Validator, the more Tao you have staked in your hotkey, the more inflation through dividends you will earn.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum